A. THE AWARD
1. The Award has been established by Organizing Committee of International Armament Conferences on Scientific Aspects of Armament and Safety Technology („the Conference”) and is known as „The Kazimierz SIEMIENOWICZ Award” („the Award”) (The competition regulations).
2. The purpose of this Award is to enrich the programme of the Conference and encourage young authors to submit papers.
3. The Award shall be presented to young author for original contribution and vision of the future on the field of armament and safety technology.
4. To be eligible for the Award, the young author of the paper shall be under 35 years of age at the date of the conference.
5. The paper must be previously unpublished.
6. The Award shall consist of suitable inscribed plaque mounted on occasional statuette and scroll.
B. JUDGING OF THE AWARD
1. The Judges of the Award will be:
a) the Chairperson of the Award Standing Committee, the Director of Institute of Armament Technology, Faculty of Mechatronics and Aerospace, Military University of Technology (Warsaw – Poland);
b) the Secretary of the Award Standing Committee, the Chairman of the Organizing Committee;
c) five additional persons to be nominated from members of the Scientific & Paper Selection Committee of the Conference, having shown unusual care and skill (as regards formal and content-related conditions) in reviewing manuscripts and they shall act as the sole judges in respect of the Award. If a Judge is unavailable or disqualifies themselves, then a replacement judge will be nominated.
2. The Award selection is based solely on the written papers published in the Conference proceedings.
3. Upon considering originality, technical merit, clarity presentation and general interest the Judges decide the winner of the Award.
4. The Award may be withheld in any year, if in the opinion of the majority of Judges, none of the papers entered seem worthy of the prize.
5. The Organizing Committee shall ensure that the winner of the Award in each year is duly publicised and shall endeavour to display and publicise all nominations received from the Award.
6. These rules may be changed by Organizing Committee if necessary.
C. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE PROCEDURES AND INTENTIONS OF THE AWARD
The Organizing Committee of the Conference will identify the eligibility of all the authors of papers in a given year. Information on author eligibility, including the birth date of each author, will be requested at the time of submission in accordance with the First Announcement & Call for Papers. Arrival date of manuscripts and author birth date will be recorded with the manuscript history. A complete list of eligible candidates for the award will be in the hands of the Organizing Committee of the Conference. The Judges of the Award shall be named at the fall meeting in the year preceding the award.